Sunday 3 August 2014

Chapter 2 - New beginnings

July 11th.... the day I made the decision that I couldn't be in my marriage any more.  For the past 12 years I have loved the same person. Married for almost 6. I didn't have the fight to fight.

We have spent the past 12 years fighting.  Over anything and everything.  Yes we did have times that were great. We have 2 beautiful children together.  They are my life. We are different people. We don't even have the same groups of friends anymore. We were two separate people trying to make it work. I couldn't.

I am not saying I am perfect and I didnt contribute to the problems. I am half of the relationship. I know I didn't make it easy. But I wanted the person I was expected to be and if you cannot accept me for who I am from the beginning. You're right it's not going to work.

Now I am me. I have a new place, new stuff. A vehicle of my own. It feels nice. I have the support of my family and wonderful friends. I am happy.  I haven't been for a long time.  I am on MY own.

Who knows what is ahead of me.  But nothing is going to stop me from being myself and happy anymore.

Adiós

No comments:

Post a Comment